The Kenyan Community Abroad (KCA) e.V. Germany is a registered Verein aimed at bringing Kenyans and friends of Kenya together.
KCA’s vision is a world where Kenya can be traced on the map for its prosperity and where Kenyans feel proud and associated with their home country. Where Kenyans in Germany are not suffering individually, but uniting and assisting each other when need be. Where Kenyans in Germany are sensitized and aware of their rights.
Central to KCAs’ mission is to ensure commitment of its members on the issues affecting Kenyans in Germany and Kenya as a country and translation of this commitment into action both in Germany and in Kenya.
The objectives of the Verein are:
- Take an active role and show our presence on the German and Kenyan arena
- Preparation and Dissemination of information on topical issues.
- Advisory support to new Kenyan migrants to Germany as well as to those already in Germany.
- Establish sensitisation programmes on topical issues
- Initiation of projects, events and activities for Kenyans and residents of Germany as well as in Kenya.
- Participation in events on behalf of KCA members, Kenyans and dissemination of the acquired knowledge to the broader public.
- Initiation and implementation of projects in Kenya as well as in Germany
- Collection and provision of material as well as immaterial donations for institutions in rural Kenya
- Develop, strengthen and maintain strategic partnerships with wide ranging institutions e.g. the Kenyan Embassy in Berlin, German Embassy in Nairobi and other organisations through advocacy and effective, efficient and high quality program delivery.
- Monitor and evaluate the social, cultural, political, economical and ecological development and trends in Kenya and establish effective dialogue with those interested investing in the region on development challenges, opportunities, and priorities.
The Administrative arm of Kenyan Community Abroad e.V. consists of 7 members of which two are the legal representatives. These are the Chairperson and the Secretary. The remaining 5 officials are working on dedicated areas of interest or projects either on individual or in a team basis. Since KCA is a teamwork organisation, where team spirit is the major issue, we pay less attention to titles, but to joint achievements. We value team spirit, and we do not support vanity and glorification of individuals.